"State Inspection" Austin Comedy Short Film Festival Spring 2017

Director David Smith's film "State Inspection" is a film about an odd situation in the waiting room of a mechanic shop. Actors Nate Cesco and Abbey Miskowiec have good comedic timing and chemistry in this film. It should also be noted that this is the first film from the State of West Virginia ever accepted to the the Austin Comedy Short Film Festival. The director has an interesting story about how this film came together. "I wanted to make a movie about anxiety and how the way to remedy it is to have a "mind like water." It would be a person anxiously waiting while their car is repaired, a situation I have been in many times. When I started writing it, it went in a different direction, but I still needed to include water, so that inspired what I think is a pretty funny scene. I hope you enjoy it as much as we all enjoyed making it."

"State Inspection" Comedy Fil

Popular posts from this blog

2016 Official Selections: Austin Comedy Short Film Festival

"When Damon met Angie..." Official Selection of the Austin Comedy Short Film Festival Fall 2016

2016 Fall "Austin Comedy Short Film Festival" Official Selections